Few industries are as tailor-made for leveraging advances in mobile technology quite like real estate. Real estate professionals are always on the go and in constant communications with their clients and other agents, and executing documents is a big part of a typical real estate transaction.
The GoodLife Team, a tech-savvy brokerage based in Austin, TX which has been recognized by Apple, Inman News and DocuSign as one of the most innovative real estate companies in America, is a perfect example of how cutting-edge brands are incorporating emerging technologies into the very DNA of their organizations.
“We’re constantly on the lookout for things that can help us provide a higher level of professional service to our clients, increase our efficiencies and reduce our costs,” said GoodLife Team CEO Krisstina Wise. “Using DocuSign on our mobile devices allows us to do all of those things – anytime, anywhere.”
“We’ve been working on optimizing the use of mobile technologies in our business for the past three years,” said GoodLife Team Paperless Agent expert Garry Wise. “In fact, DocuSign is one of the most integral, powerful parts of our Paperless Agent training series.”
The GoodLife Team’s Paperless Agent training series was created specifically to help real estate professionals learn how to incorporate cutting edge technologies into one seamless workflow to complete real estate transactions faster and easier than ever for both agents and their clients.
Here are the top five reasons GoodLife Team uses DocuSign’s eSignature solution as a mandatory part of their real estate operations:
1. eSignature saves time – “Real estate is an inherently inefficient business,” said GoodLife Team President Kelly White. “Before our agents started using DocuSign, they – and our clients – always had to drive back to the office, print a thick stack of documents, get signatures, scan those documents and then email or sometimes even hand deliver those documents to the listing agent…and that was just to START the offer process. Now? All of that can be done from the kitchen of the home our client wants to buy, using an iPad and DocuSign, without a single sheet of paper being printed. Per our estimates, we’re saving nearly four hours per transaction simply by DocuSigning.”
2. eSignature saves money – “Because we’re no longer printing documents that require a signature – offers, counteroffers, addenda, listing contracts, disclosures, etc. – we’ve cut down our use of paper to nearly zero,” noted Garry. “Compared to where we were even a year ago, we estimate that we’re saving around $2,400 per year simply by not printing out documents requiring signatures.”
3. eSignature allows for a more consistent and uniform delivery of professional service – “A big part of our brand concept is ‘consistency of the delivery of the professional services we provide to our clients,'” said GoodLife CTO Jack Miller. “We’ve been moving toward being as uniform as humanly possible in everything we do, so that every GoodLife Team client receives a consistent professional service experience from every GoodLife Team agent. By leveraging a single digital library of contracts, forms, documents and checklists which all of our agents use, and by requiring them to utilize DocuSign, we’ve taken a big step in the direction of true brand consistency, which is something that is exceptionally rare in real estate today.”
4. eSignature enhances an image of professionalism – “Branding is huge in real estate,” explained Krisstina. “It’s crucial for us to be perceived as experts and as being not just competent, but truly cutting edge. When our agents DocuSign deals quickly and easily, we create exactly the right image in the minds of our clients. And as we look into a future in which we see the traditional, old school “salesperson” being gradually and systematically displaced by technologically savvy professional “consultants,” taking every step we can to reinforce those perceptions of professionalism and competency for our agents is absolutely essential.”
5. eSignature gives people what they want – “Cultural trends are clear,” added Kelly. “And when you look at demographics, and the degree to which younger generations are amazingly mobile, digital and efficiency-oriented, the use of DocuSign goes “optional” to “mandatory.” While we do believe that we are leading the way on these things, we also believe that we really have no choice but to give people what they want – and paperless is what they’ve told us they want. And we see this trend as only intensifying as we move into the future.”
Conclusion – “Using DocuSign and a number of other emerging technologies and apps has truly changed the very nature of how we serve our clients,” said Krisstina. “We are a fundamentally different business today than we were even a few years ago. Before, we were a traditional real estate company that simply sold real estate. Now, we’re more of a technology company and a consultancy that just happens to sell real estate. A clear result of our decision to move in this direction has been our gaining significant competitive advantage. We now complete tasks faster and at lower cost to us, while at the same time providing a higher and more professional level of service to our valued clients. And DocuSign is a major part of all of that…”
To learn more about The GoodLife Team and the Paperless Movement, visit www.ThePaperlessAgent.com.