After a week of keynotes and networking, you’re ready to go forth and congregate at the local watering hole. But this is Dreamforce '14 – go big or go home – so we’ve scoured San Fran for the best bars and brews that make it their business to impress. Round up some friends or colleagues and enjoy responsibly!
- Bar Agricole: The men behind Bar Agricole, Thad Voegler and Eric Johnson, have paved the way in the SF bartending scene. Every aspect is perfectly executed, whether it be their five different kinds of ice or their local juices and produce. Drinks worth trying are the Moonraker or the Ti Punch, in addition to their stellar food menu that will attract foodies from all around.
- Alembic: Over in the Upper Haight, Alembic draws in an eclectic crowd that all have one thing in common—they cannot resist the avant-garde drinks this bar serves out. While they have their share of classic cocktails in stock, Alembic’s Southern Exposure and Vow of Silence show how they have mastered the art of successful experimentation.
- Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant: If you like your tequila, then this is the place for you. Tommy’s has the largest collection of 100% blue agave tequila, and they’ve got the experts to tell you all about it. These professionals know anything and everything about tequila and its history—so not only will you get your drink, but you’ll walk out knowing more than when you walked in. Don’t forget to try their signature Tommy’s Margarita!
- Slanted Door: Located in the Ferry Building, where all culinary wishes come true, is the Slanted Door. This consistent and well-priced bar has been around for a while and knows what they are doing. Additionally a restaurant, the Vietnamese food pairs well with their cocktail menu, and does not disappoint (neither does the fantastic view of the Bay Bridge). Slanted Door’s modern twist on classic drinks makes this spot an easy choice for a simple night on the town.
- Smuggler’s Cove: Nowhere else can you say you shared a punch bowl on a pirate ship. Known for their extensive rum collection—over 300 bottles—Smuggler’s Cove is one of the most revered tiki bars in the world. Their drink list fuses classic tropical drinks with their own creations, and the exciting ambience that surrounds you will ensure a unique bar experience.
Good resource for out-of-towners: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/san-francisco/best-bars-near-every-bart-stop-sf-oakland-bay-area
A bonus tidbit: La Taqueria in the Mission. Where you can find the best burrito in America. No joke.
Which ones did you hit up? Tweet us using the hashtag #DF14S