By Geneva Ives, marketing writer at Point2
More and more real estate agents are on the move these days as technology makes it increasingly possible to work from anywhere. No longer tethered to their desks, agents are sharing photos with their clients, executing marketing strategies and delivering interactive listing presentations from the field.
A mobile-friendly agent website is a good start, but to stay competitive you have to be able to multitask at a moment’s notice. With that in mind, we’ve put together some handy tips and recommended apps for real estate agents.
5 Quick Tips to Make Mobile Work
Strategies to boost your efficiency outside of the office.
- Snap up a mobile charger so you don’t run out of juice in the middle of an important transaction.
- Got an iPhone? Here are three ways to improve battery life without spending a penny.
- Encourage clients to connect with you on social media for out-of-the-office interactions. Include social links on your website and in your email footer.
- No WiFi? No problem! Invest in a mobile hotspot device like this one to work seamlessly no matter where you are.
- If you’re really in a jam and need connectivity, hightail it to McDonald’s or Starbucks. They always have free WiFi.
5 Essential Apps for Real Estate Agents
Tablet and smartphone apps allow you to get more done on the go.
- Dropbox – Dropbox lets you store and share documents, photos, videos and more in the cloud, for free, and then access them on any device. Never be without your files again!
- Evernote – Take notes, record voice reminders and sync to-do lists across all of your machines for one master list that will supercharge your productivity.
- MagicPlan – This app takes measurements and creates a floor plan just by taking pictures. Share plans with clients or post them online.
- Mint – Mint helps you keep track of your finances by displaying all of your bank accounts, credit cards and bills in one very secure place.
- DocuSign – Sign and submit contracts without going to the office. According to the National Association of REALTORS®, over 50% of agents use eSignatures to save time, money and hassle.
What mobile tools do you use to be more productive?
Founded in 1996, Point2 provides online marketing solutions for real estate agents worldwide and real estate organizations in North America. Point2 also owns and operates the consumer real estate search portal, Point2 Homes. Point2 is a member of the Yardi® family of companies.