Legal & Secure
DocuSign is fully legal and secure. Since electronic signatures were made legally binding in 2000, we have worked to continually optimize our solution to ensure it is the easiest, fastest, most secure solution available. Many countries have passed legislation similar to the U.S. ESIGN Act, making properly handed electronic signing every bit as legally binding as a "wet ink" signature around the world.
What’s more, DocuSign maintains a comprehensive array of technical measures to protect the DocuSign service and offers a robust set of customer-controlled settings to further heighten privacy and security protection. Our security program aligns with national and international security standards.
- SAS 70 Type II tested data centers and solution – Rest assured of the security of your data with fully-redundant SAS70 Type II tested data centers and eSignature solution, with no exceptions across both our enterprise and our data centers.
- Passed 100% of security audits – We pass stringent security audits every month, including many with the largest financial services institutions.
- PCI DSS compliant – DocuSign is PCI DSS compliant as both a merchant and a service provider.
- ESIGN Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) compliance – The ONLY solution to warrant Federal ESIGN Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) compliance.
- Fully legal in the European Union and other countries – DocuSign’s advanced signature is legal per European Directive 1999/93/EC.
- Track record of 99.99% system availability – With financial guarantees for meeting high system availability under a formal SLA.
In fact employees at 99 of the Fortune 100 have used DocuSign to sign documents—read more in our Trust Center.