How-To Create a Template in DocuSign Electronic Signature
Want to know how to use custom templates to make sending documents even easier and save you even more time when you use eSignature from DocuSign? This video will show you how to leverage templates to save recipient, tab and message attributes for reuse on DocuSign envelopes. If you want, you can request your signers provide attachments to the template. For more information, take a look at this how to.
How-To Create A Template in DocuSign Electronic Signature:
- Enter a name for your template
- Browse for and upload documents
Click Next to create roles for your recipients. Using a role means you don't have to enter the email address or the name of your recipients if they'll change as you'll send new documents.
You may specify:
- ID Check
- Access Code
- Routing Order
... for each recipient.
To set the routing order:
- Select the appropriate order from the drop down list
- Clicking the lock check box will prevent template users from editing the recipient information
Click Next to enter the subject, email text, any other preferences for expiration or reminders and click Next.
To tag the document for template:
- Click on a recipient
- Drag an electronic signature, initials, or data tab from the tagging palette from the right side of the screen to the document
- Be sure the correct recipient is highlighted for each tab you drag on the document
- When using radio buttons, remember to use the same group name to group the choices
- You can adjust the size of text boxes to fit the blanks in the document
When you've completed adding tabs, click Save. Now you've created your own custom template in DocuSign to save you more time when you use DocuSign's eSign services!
To catch up with us in person, stop by booth #456 at Keller Williams Family Reunion. To catch up with us online, become a Fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Need to know how to do anything else in your DocuSign Dashboard? Leave a comment to let us know!